I just bought a bunch of Pocket Wizards and was stoked to try them out yesterday on a shoot with Northern Cheyenne courtship flute maker, Jay Old Mouse. They were working great, unfortunately the batteries on my primary strobe were dying, and thy were taking forever to recycle. I ended up taking the batteries out of my pocket wizards, in order to keep my flash alive. Since the strobe was recycling slow I ended up with a bunch of shots were the it didn’t pop. Instead of just tossing the images, I thought it had been awhile since I had tried some HDR-style portraits. I only used one frame, rather than bracketing, so that is why I say HDR-ish portraits. Here is one of the images that I messed around with to see what I could get. The first is the original unedited photo. The other two are edited in both Lightroom and PhotoMatrix Pro.
In the end I prefer, the images where my strobe fired.